The Operations division of the Williamson Valley-Bagdad Fire District is responsible for fire suppression, emergency medical services, hazard mitigation and rescue services to an area that encompasses over 300 square miles of rural Western Yavapai County. Additionally, we provide ambulance service to the communities of Bagdad, Hillside, and the surrounding area.
The Operations division consists of one on-duty chief, six captains, six engineers, and nine firefighters responding from two full-time stations. The firefighters work on a 48-hour on, 96-hour off rotating three-platoon system (A-Shift, B-Shift, C-Shift). Each engine company and rescue ambulance is staffed with a minimum of one certified emergency paramedic.
In addition to the mitigation of emergency incidents, WVBFD personnel also:
- Perform fire hydrant testing and inspection
- Serve as medical standbys at public events and gatherings
- Provide “walk-in” blood pressure screenings at all fire stations
- Offer fire inspections for commercial properties and home fire safety inspections
- Provide public education for fire safety and prevention, CPR, and accident prevention